Step One: Read the position descriptions below
Step Two: Submit an application
- The online application will be available October 22 on the Student Affairs Portal page.
- If your cumulative University GPA is below 2.5, you will be required to upload an appeal covering the following items in your application:
- Explain your academic history at Carroll and provide rationale for having a GPA below 2.5.
- Explain how your GPA is in the process of improving and your GPA goals for the coming term.
- Explain specific steps you will take or are taking to balance your academics with the RA/OM position.
- Applications must be printed, signed, and returned to the Student Affairs House (114 S. East Ave. Waukesha, WI 53186) by noon on December 10, 2018.
- As part of the application, you will need to ask three people to submit reference forms. The link to the reference form is found on the Student Affairs Portal page. Reference forms should be submitted to the Student Affairs House by noon on December 10, 2018. At least one reference should be a faculty/staff member, and at least one should be from a current or former employer. No references will be accepted from family, friends or current students. Applicants are encouraged to explain the position to their references so they can give meaningful feedback.
Step Three: Sign up for a class
- Applicants with complete applications will be contacted for selection class sign-ups beginning November 17.
- The selection class is a three-week, once a week commitment where you will learn about the roles, participate in discussion and group activities, and decide if the role(s) are for you.
- Attendance at all 3 classes is mandatory, so choose a time you can attend!
- Classroom evaluations will be a major part of selection.
- This class is great leadership development!
Step Four: Interview
- You will sign up for your interview during the last week of selection class.
- If you are interested in both positions, you must sign up for a separate interview for each position. You will only be offered one position.
December 10, 2018 Application and recommendations due at 12PM (noon) to the Student Affairs House, 114 S. East Ave. Waukesha, WI 53186
December 12, 2018 Deadline to sign up for a selection class (12PM, noon)
December 14, 2018 Selection class Assignments sent out
January 21, 2019 First week of selection classes
Week of February 4, 2019 Interviews begin
February 22, 2019 Offers made
February 25, 2019 Offer responses required
** Additional spring training will take place for each position. Dates and times for these sessions will be included in the position offer letter