Skip To Content

The mission of the office of services for students with disabilities at Carroll University is to assist in creating a campus community where students with disabilities have an equal opportunity to participate in all aspects of the educational environment. Disability Services provides assistance to students who have supplied appropriate documentation evidencing disabilities that range from mild to severe in nature.
Disabilities include, but are not limited to:
·           Learning disabilities ·           Blindness
·           Attention deficit disorder ·           Deaf or hard of hearing
·           Traumatic brain injury ·           Emotional and mental challenges

Carroll University is committed to making otherwise qualified students with disabilities full participants in its programs, courses, services and activities. We are guided by the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments (ADAA) of 2008. Individuals will receive reasonable accommodations according to their needs and the documentation of their disability.
If you have questions about disabilities or disability services, contact us at, or call 262-524-7335.  
Business hours at the Walter Young Center are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 pm. 
Semester Release Form Needed Each Semester
Semester Release of Information (.pdf, 141K)
  • After accommodations are granted, e-mail this form to each semester.
  • It is best to submit this at least a week before classes start.
  • By completing this form you are giving permission to us to inform your professors of your accommodations.
  • It's important that you contact your professors directly at the beginning of the semester to make sure he or she received the accommodation letter from our office and to discuss your needs.
  • You and your professor are expected to work together to arrange your accommodations.
  • If you have a note taking accommodation, this form is also used to request note takers.
Test Scheduling Form
Test Scheduling Form (.pdf, 380K)

This PDF form is meant to work on a Mac or PC but you need to install Adobe Reader free from the web if you don't already have it. It's important to save a copy of the blank form to your computer first. Then reopen, fill out and save again with a unique title for EACH form. Then attach that form to your email to & to your professor. 

Step 1:  Make sure you and your professor agree on the date/time you will take the test here.

Step 2:  Use the test form (above) and fill out the top portion.

Step 3:  Email the form to and to your professor.

If you do not receive a same day confirmation, please follow up with

We recommend scheduling at least a week in advance, but no later than the deadlines on the form (you were given this information in your accommodation orientation.)

More information
Notetaking for Temporary Disabilities (.doc, 23K)
Tips for Students with ADHD (.doc, 23K)
Universal Design (.doc, 31K)
How students with a Learning Disability can Self-Advocate in College (.docx, 15K)
Brain Injury Resource Center (.pdf, 126K)
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF files.
Electronic Text Requests

If you've been granted the Electronic Text Accommodation at your meeting with Marty Bledsoe, the Director of Services for Students with Disabilities, these are the forms to request your textbooks in electronic format.

You also need to be oriented to Kurzweil Firefly text-to-speech application. If you have not already scheduled your orientation, please contact our office at 262-524-7335.

IMPORANT:  You need to provide proof of purchase of your books, so submit your receipts with your book requests - we suggest you take a clear picture of your receipt and forward it with your requests.

Use the first form below to request your book and the second form to tell us what you want to read and when. This helps us plan our workflow for all students. You can type the information into the form, save it to your computer and then attach it to an email to Ann Warzyn, Administrative Assistant, at

Please contact our office at 262-524-7335 if you have any questions or need clarification.

E-text Request Form (.docx, 55K)
E-text Chapter Request Form (.docx, 55K)
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF files.

While Disability Services is not able to provide accommodations such as extra time on tests for anyone other than students with documented and diagnosed disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act, we do offer these options as possible resources.

•Joelle Curry in the Learning Commons has a language tutor program, which might benefit you.
•Megan Couch is in the Office of International Education and can connect you to the international student community and their events.
•Jeff McNamara and the Student Success office is working with international students to help engage and interact more closely with students that have English as a second language.

Temporary medical conditions such as injuries, surgeries, or acute illnesses often to not qualify as permanent disabling conditions eligible for accommodation through the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities.  Carroll staff and faculty know these situations often impact students’ ability to attend classes and complete work effectively.  Below are campus resources for finding support:
•Office of Student Affairs – Student Affairs can send an official notice out to your professors should you need to miss class due to your temporary condition
•Office of Student Success – Student Success can assist you in outlining the challenges academically you might have in your classes and make suggestions going forward
•Office of the Registrar – The Registrar’s Office can help you in possibly switching a class location should you have difficulty in getting to class
•Public Safety Shuttle – the shuttle can assist with transportation needs
•Office of Services for Students with Disabilities – Disability Services can provide an NCR notebook for you to give a friend to take notes and provide a copy of those notes


To Schedule an Accommodation Meeting

To schedule an appointment with Marty Bledsoe to discuss accommodations, please e-mail the Walter Young Center at

or call 262-524-7335 (Regular business hours are Monday - Friday 8 am - 4:30 pm)

Martha Bledsoe, M.Ed

Director of Services for Students with Disabilities
Walter Young Center
Ph. 262.524.7335   Fax: 262-524-6892  

Ann Warzyn 

Administrative Assistant
Walter Young Center
Ph. 262.524.7621  Fax: 262-524-6892
The Walter Young Center is located at 117 Wright St. Waukesha WI 53186, in a lannon stone house just east of the Campus Center parking lot.
Disability Services Policies and Procedures (.docx, 24K)
Release of Records Form (.doc, 227K)
A student may request information from their disability record be sent to or discussed with other parties by providing this form to the Walter Young Center. We also ask that this form be submitted when a student wants copies of file records for him/herself. 

Disability records are kept separate from academic, disciplinary and medical records to ensure each student's privacy and confidentiality. No information is released without the knowledge and written consent of the student, except for those rare instances where disability services is required by law to reveal particular information.
For more Disability Services policy information, please click on the Policies document above. 

Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF files.
Appeals Information and Form
Appeals Process (.docx, 38K)

You may choose to use the form below to submit your written appeal as directed in this appeals process document.

Form to appeal denial of accommodation (.docx, 38K)
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF files.
Service and Assistance Animals
Policy regarding Service or Assistance Animals on Campus (.docx, 23K)
Service and Assistance Animal Registration Form (.docx, 232K)
Service and Assistance Animal User/Owner Agreement (.docx, 41K)

Call the Walter Young Center at 262-524-7335 to make an appointment with Martha (Marty) Bledsoe regarding service or assistance animals. Before your appointment, review the forms above. Do not initial or sign the forms--that must take place at your appointment. If you intend on bringing your animal back to campus next year all required paperwork must be resubmitted each year. To do so, contact the Walter Young Center to make an appointment with Martha (Marty) Bledsoe to renew your request before bringing your animal back to campus.

Housing Accommodations for First Time Applicants
Housing Accommodation Request form (.doc, 794K)

Student and/or parent completes and submits to the Walter Young Center. Documentation from a doctor regarding the disability must also be submitted (see below).   

Housing Documentation Form for Physical, Sensory or Health (.pdf, 85K)

If the student's condition is of a medical, physical or sensory nature, use this form. The student's diagnostician (doctor, psychologist or other professional) completes and submits to Walter Young Center. Addresses/methods to submit are at the bottom of the form.

Housing Documentation Form for ADHD/Psychological (.pdf, 83K)

If the student's condition is of a psychological nature, use this form. The student's diagnostician (doctor, psychologist or other professional) completes and submits to Walter Young Center. Addresses/methods to submit are at the bottom of the form.


All decisions are made on a case by case basis and are based on the severity of the disability and the documentation that accompanies the request. Confirmation of your housing accommodation will be made via e-mail upon receipt and review of your documentation.

Students requesting special consideration for housing based on a documented disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act must provide the Housing Accommodation Request form and the documentation form to Martha (Marty) Bledsoe, Director of The Office of Services for Students with Disabilities, located at the Walter Young Center.

Housing accommodation requests received after June 1 will be reviewed, but cannot be guaranteed. Even if the accommodation is approved through this office, Housing may not necessarily be able to immediately fulfill your specific request. If that is the case you will be put on a waiting list.

Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF files.
  • Students who have previously been granted a housing accommodation do not need to resubmit documentation to Disability Services to receive the accommodation for the next semester or year. For service or assistance animals, refer to information in the section about Service animals.
  • When filling out the online housing application, click "yes" to the question asking whether the student will request housing accommodations.
  • Follow up with Housing concerning your accommodation, and about housing questions in general.
  • Deadlines for housing are still the same for students with disabilities as for other students.
  • Your placement in the residence hall can be anywhere on campus that satisfies the requested accommodation. Disability Services only verifies the disability; we do not make placements or answer roommate questions. Direct those inquiries to Housing.
  • If you have any questions regarding your disability please do not hesitate to contact Disability Services at 262-524-7335, or


Students who need accessible classroom locations because of a permanent mobility disability should contact the Office of Services for Students with Disabilities as soon as their schedule is finalized.