Skip To Content

Carroll University encourages all students to be part of the election process. This site has been created to facilitate this process.
Please use the link below to assist you in determining eligibility, polling locations and dates, finding information about valid IDs, proof of residency and absentee ballots.
For further questions, please call the office of Student Affairs at 262.524.7100 or the Library at 262.524.7175.

SPRING ELECTION: April 7, 2020

GENERAL ELECTION: November 3, 2020





 View more posts
Wisconsin Eligibility (.pdf, 101K)
U.S. citizens who are at least 18 years old on election day, who are residents for 28 consecutive days or more of the district or ward where an election is being held, and who are not currently serving a sentence (including probation or parole) for a felony conviction are eligible to vote in the state of Wisconsin.
Wisconsin Residency Guidelines (.pdf, 134K)
Students and other transient individuals have unique circumstances that make establishing a residency for 28 days challenging. The Wisconsin Statutes recognize and address these challenges.
The G.A.B. has developed the attached document 
to clarify residency issues for students. We encourage you to print this guide and share it with anyone who may find it helpful, including voters, poll workers, and observers. This document could also be helpful during voter registration at the polling place.
Students who chose to use their Carroll University ID as a proof of residency document must also provide a university course fee statement  dated within the past nine months.
Register To Vote
Register to Vote Here (.pdf, 207K)
Anyone wishing to vote in the state of Wisconsin can do so in one of many ways, by mail, in person, at the polling location or online HERE.
See the Government Accountability Board of the state of Wisconsin website for further information.
National Mail in Registration form (.pdf, 483K)

If you are voting for the first time in your state and are registering by mail, Federal law may require you to show proof of identification the first time you vote. This proof of identification includes the following (or if voting by mail, a COPY of the following):

  • A current and valid photo identification; OR

  • A current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or government document that shows your name and address.

Federal law does not require you to show proof of identification at the polling place or when voting by mail if (1) you provided COPIES of the above with your National Mail Voter Registration Form; (2) your voter registration form has been verified by an election official; or (3) you are entitled by federal law to vote by absentee ballot. Please note that individual states may have additional voter identification requirements.
For more information regarding mail in registration, see the Election Assistance Commission website.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is required to view and print PDF files.

PHOTO ID REQUIRED AT THE POLLS                                           

Wisconsin’s Voter ID Law requires you to have a photo ID.

If you do not have an ID, you may obtain one for FREE from the campus center information desk!


The following photo ID's are also acceptable for voting purposes:

  • A certificate of naturalization (that was issued no earlier than two years before the date of the election)
  • An identification card issued by a federal recognized tribe in Wisconsin (can be expired or unexpired)
  • A driver license receipt issued by Wisconsin DOT (Valid for 45 days from date issued)
  • A Wisconsin DMV ID Petition Process Photo Receipt (Valid for 180 days from date issued)
  • A veteran affairs ID card (must be unexpired or have no expiration date)
  • A photo ID card issued by a Wisconsin accredited university or college or technical college that contains the following:
    1. Date the card was issued
    2. Signature of the student
    3. Expiration date no later than two years after the date of issuance
    4. The university ID must be accompanied by a separate document that proves enrollment such as a tuition fee receipt, verification letter, or class schedule. Enrollment verification document can be shown electronically.

Where to Vote:

  1. District 28: Pioneer Hall, Prairie Hall, Carroll St. Apartments: E&R UCC Church 413 Wisconsin Ave, Waukesha WI 53186
  2. District 18: College Ave Apartments, Frontier Hall, Hartwell Apartments, Kilgour Hall, North/South Bergstrom Hall, Hilger Hall, Steele/Swarthout Hall: St. Mary’s Church 225 S. Hartwell Ave, Waukesha, WI 53186
  3. Off Campus: Check for polling locations

Please contact the City Clerk’s Office for any additional information at (262) 524-3550.


 View more posts

You may instead decide to vote absentee using your home address. To learn more about absentee voting, visit Wisconsin’s Government Accountability Board or your hometown’s election commission website.

According to the Federal Student Aid Program, this information is posted to comply with Section 487(a)(23) of the Higher Education Act of 1965 that references the National Voter Registration Act of 1993 (NVRA) and requires higher education institutes to distribute voter registration forms to their students.

Please continue to check back to this website for updates