2021-2022 Application Process
Step One: Thoroughly read the position descriptions
Step Two: Submit an application
- The online application is available on the Student Affairs Portal page
- Applications must be submitted by noon on November 24, 2020.
- One professional reference is required. References must be professional references from previous or current supervisors, coaches or others that can speak to your work. These are not friends, family members, significant others, or other students. Applicants are encouraged to explain the position to their reference so the reference can give appropriate/meaningful feedback. References are due by noon on Wednesday, December 9, 2020.
- Indicate your class availability on the application where indicated.
Step Three: Attend Selection classes
- Applicants will be notified of their class placement on December 14th.
- The selection class is a three-week, once a week commitment where you will learn about the roles, participate in discussion and group activities, and decide if the role(s) are for you.
- Attendance at all 3 classes is mandatory, so choose a time you can attend!
- Classroom evaluations will be a major part of the selection process.
- This class is great leadership development!
Step Four: Interview
- You will sign up for your interview during the last week of the selection class.
- If you are interested in both positions, you must sign up for a separate interview for each position. You will only be offered one position.
2021-2022 RA/OM Selection Timeline
- November 24, 2020, at Noon: Applications due
- December 9, 2020, at Noon: References due
- December 14, 2020: Class assignments will be emailed.
- February 15-19, 2021: New applicant interviews
- February 24, 2021: Decision letters released
- March1, 2021at Noon: Response to decision letter due
** Additional spring training will take place for each position. Dates and times for these sessions will be included in the position offer letter
The selection process is being run with the intention of returning for in person/ on campus activities in Spring 2021 and the 2021-2022 academic year. The selection timeline or needs of the university may change based on the ongoing COVID-19 crisis.