2020-2021 Application Process
Step One: Thoroughly read the position descriptions
Step Two: Submit an application
- The online application will be available on October 17, 2019, on the Student Affairs Portal page
- Applications must be submitted by noon on December 3, 2019.
- Three professional references are required. References cannot be from family members, friends, Area Directors, or current students. At least one must be from a faculty or staff member and at least one must be from a current or former employer. Applicants are encouraged to explain the position to their reference so the reference can give appropriate/meaningful feedback. References are due by noon on Monday, December 9, 2019.
Step Three: Sign up for a class
- Applicants with completed applications will be contacted for selection class sign-ups beginning December 3, 2019. The selection class sign-up will conclude at noon on December 9, 2019.
- The selection class is a three-week, once a week commitment where you will learn about the roles, participate in discussion and group activities, and decide if the role(s) are for you.
- Attendance at all 3 classes is mandatory, so choose a time you can attend!
- Classroom evaluations will be a major part of the selection process.
- This class is great leadership development!
Step Four: Interview
- You will sign up for your interview during the last week of the selection class.
- If you are interested in both positions, you must sign up for a separate interview for each position. You will only be offered one position.
2020-2021 RA/OM Selection Timeline
- October 17, 2019: Applications available
- December 3, 2019, at Noon: Applications due
- December 3, 2019: Class sign up is released via e-mail
- December 9, 2019, at Noon: Class sign-ups due, references due
- January 27-31, 2020: Community Coordinator candidate interviews
- February 7-14, 2020: Orientation Mentor Interviews
- February 6-17, 2019: New and returning Resident Assistant candidate interviews
- February 25, 2020: Decision letters released
- February 28, 2020, at Noon: Response to decision letter due
** Additional spring training will take place for each position. Dates and times for these sessions will be included in the position offer letter