Skip To Content


University life is exciting, although some experiences are difficult to handle. Professional, caring counselors at the Walter Young Center are available to help students sort through problems. The service is completely confidential.

Common concerns include:

  • I feel depressed/homesick/confused.
  • My boyfriend/girlfriend and I aren't getting along.
  • I freeze when I take a test.
  • I have trouble being assertive.
Angie Brannan MSW, LCSW
Director of Counseling Services, and Therapist
Rachel Vohnoutka, LPC, SAC

The Office of Victim Services . . .

. . . is here for you if you are a member of the Carroll Campus Community (student, employee, guest/visitor)


  • You believe that you were a victim of a violation of university policy and/or crime (either since you came to Carroll or before); or
  • You want to learn more about resources available to victims; or
  • You want to learn more about how to support a victim; or
  • You want to learn more about bystander intervention; or
  • You want to participate in a prevention program; or
  • You want to be trained as a peer educator in
    • No Excuses Bystander Intervention
    • Healthy Masculinity; or
  • You want to invite the Office of Victim Services to speak at your student group, residential facility, team, classroom, etc.


You believe that a Carroll University student or employee committed a policy violation and/or crime against you.

For more information, please see their webpage.


Business hours are 8 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday. We are located just east of the campus center parking lot entrance on Wright Street in the lannon stone house. Please enter at the front door on Wright Street.


We provide short-term solution-focused counseling. We also provide referrals to community providers if longer-term counseling is needed. During your initial appointment, the counselor will help you develop a plan of action that best fits your situation.

To schedule an appointment, call the Walter Young Center at 262.524.7335 or e-mail us at and ask to schedule with a personal counselor.

If a student needs immediate attention in an emergency they can call Public Safety at 262-524-7300. 

Other counseling resources in the community if students want to use their insurance:

Family Service of Waukesha  (Broadway and East Avenue)  262-547-5567

Cornerstone Counseling Services (711 N. Grand Ave.)  262-789-1191

ProHealth Behavioral Health at Waukesha Memorial Hospital 262-928-4036

If a student opts to use the above services they should call the customer service number on their insurance card to verify that their therapist is a network provider.