Skip To Content

You are here:  Departments > Human Resources > FAQ


Below are some general frequently asked questions. If you want additional information or if your question is not listed, please email the Human Resources Department at or please call 262-524-7123.
Q. Where is the Human Resources Department located?
A. The Human Resources Department is located on the corner of Wright St. and Charles St. We are directly next to the Public Safety Center.
Q. I am a new hire at Carroll and was told to come to Human Resources to fill out paperwork, what do I need to do?
A. A member of the Human Resources staff will be in contact with you regarding weekly onboarding and monthly orientation.
Q. I need to have a letter verifying my job at Carroll, to whom do I go?
A. We do not complete verifications of employment over the phone. We require a signed release from the
current or former employee to be faxed into the HR Department. Our standard turnaround time is 2-3 business days. The Business Office Payroll Department handles verifications of employment and income. The Department of Human Resources can provide you a personal letter if you need details surrounding your employment, income, or benefit status.
Q. How do I change my home address?
A. Please send an email to with address change information.
Q. I want to change my name because I just got married/got divorced. What do you need from me to do that?
A. From a US Citizen: To change someone’s last name we require their updated social security card. From a Non-US Citizen: We require their updated passport.
Q. I need to meet with someone to set up my benefits. How do I do that?
A. If you have questions regarding benefits, please call the Human Resources Department at 262-524-7123.
Q.  When can I change my benefits?
A. Some changes are allowed due to qualifying events and some are not – most benefits changes must be made within 30 days from the date of the initial event (when in doubt- check with Human Resources). First see if your change qualifies and if so, set an appointment. If not, you can change your benefits during the next open enrollment period - typically near the end of October/beginning of November.
Q. There was an issue with my paycheck, taxes, withholdings, etc. What can I do?
A. Please contact payroll in the Business Office with any issues regarding your paycheck.
Q. I have questions regarding my W2. Who should I talk to?
A. The HR Department does not manage the W2 process. Please contact Chris Jarolimek in the Business Office for assistance. He can be reached at 262-524-7089.
Q. How do I submit a complaint or grievance?
A. Please visit the Carroll University Ethics Point site
Q. What do I do if I get hurt at work?
A. Jen Hudson, Employment and Benefits Coordinator, is the HR representative to help with Worker’s Compensation. Please (or have your supervisor) contact Jen at 262-527-7070 or If Jen is unavailable or out of the office, please contact the general Human Resources line at 262-524-7123 or email
Q. I would like to change my TIAA (retirement) contribution.
A: You will need to submit and updated Salary Reduction Agreement. A blank form can be found on the HR Department page.

Q. I would like to change my (HSA) Health Savings Account contribution.
A: You will need to submit and updated HSA Salary Reduction Agreement. A blank form can be found on the HR Department page.