Skip To Content


Flu Vaccine Still Available

Immunization Requirements and Measles Information

  • Carroll University requires all full time undergraduate students to provide documentation of two doses of the MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccine
  • Because of a multi-state measles outbreak, and because measles is so contagious, it is especially important that all students have this documentation entered into the patient portal before coming or returning to campus this Fall.
  • If your immunization information is not on file, a hold will be placed on your registration for the Spring semester. In addition, if there were a case of measles on campus, you might need to be excluded from classes or quarantined if we don’t have this information.

If you have not already entered your vaccine dates and uploaded your vaccination record, please do so as soon as possible:

Free STD Testing Available

New Electronic Health Record

The student Health Center has recently implemented an electronic health record called Medicat. Students can now complete the required Health History Form and enter the required vaccine dates electronically via the Patient Portal: To complete your required Health History Form, log into the Patient Portal using your Carroll University user name and password. In the near future, students will have access to my chart and be able to self schedule appointments via the portal.  Students will be able to use their student ID and complete the self check in process via laptops when they come for a visit to the Student Health Center. Please be patient with the Student Health Center staff as we transition to the electronic health record as visits may take more time than usual until our staff adjusts to the new system. 

Traveling Abroad?

The Health Center NPs can help you prepare to study abroad or head off on your next NCEP trip. We can sign the required Medical Health Statement form, review and administer vaccines recommended for travel, and CDC recommendations for your travel destination. We also can write prescriptions for anti-malaria medication, and recommend medication to treat traveler's diarrhea. There is a $20 charge for a travel consult, which is billed to your student account or can be paid using Carroll Cash. Vaccine prices vary, but the Health Center bills the cost of the vaccine plus a $10 administration fee (see Health Center Fees under handouts section on the right of this page). The Health Center staff will give you a receipt to submit to your insurance if covered through a private insurance plan. If you have the WPS student insurance plan offered through the University, travel vaccines and consults are 100% covered if administered by the Student Health Center.

Off Campus Travel Resources:

ProHealth Works International Travel Medicine Clinic

Seeger Medical Office Building

20611 Watertown Rd. Suite J

Waukesha, WI 53186

Phone: (262) 928-5900

They can bill insurance and they offer a discount for services not covered by insurance. For more information visit:


Waukesha County Public Health

International Travel Clinic

514 Riverview Avenue

Waukesha, WI 53188

Call for an appointment

Phone: (262) 896-8430

For more information visit:


 Web Travel Resource:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has a very comprehensive travel page with up to date travel information, notices, and recommendations specific for your destination.

Go to and enter in the country you are traveling to and you will learn about the recommended vaccines, medications, health and safety tips, and what to pack in order to stay healthy when traveling to your destination.