The Health Center will be offering first or second doses of the Pfizer COVID vaccine on the following dates. To schedule a COVID vaccine on campus, students can schedule online in the patient portal https://carrollu.medicatconnect.com/ by choosing COVID vaccine as the reason code, or they can call 262-524-7233:
- Friday, September 3rd 11am-1pm
- Thursdays, September 9th, September 16th, and September 23rd 2pm-4:30pm
- Wednesday, September 29th 11am-1pm
- Thursdays, October 7th, and October 14th 2pm-4:30pm
- Wednesday, October 20th 2pm-4:30pm
- Thursdays, November 4th, November 11th, and 18th 2pm-4:30pm
- Thursdays, December 2nd, December 9th, and December 16th 2pm-4:30pm
Governor Evers Launches $100 COVID-19 Vaccine Reward Program
Governor Tony Evers and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) announced Wisconsin residents who get their first dose of any COVID-19 vaccine from a vaccine provider located in Wisconsin beginning August 20 through September 19 can receive a $100 Visa Gift Card. Wisconsin residents ages 12 and over are eligible for the reward and can request the reward by going to the Reward Sign-up page or calling 844-684-1064 (language assistance is available). Proof of insurance, citizenship, or ID is not required to be eligible for or to receive the $100.
COVID-19 vaccine booster doses at mass vaccination clinics will likely be offered later in the Fall semester, more information will be coming soon.
The COVID-19 vaccine is highly recommended but not required. Please note that students that are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 are not required to have mandatory COVID-19 testing prior to move in or weekly COVID testing during the academic year. Students who are fully vaccinated also will not need to quarantine if they are exposed (as long as they remain asymptomatic). Student athletes who are fully vaccinated will not need to have regular COVID testing for participation. Please note, COVID testing and masking policies are subject to change based upon Waukesha Public Health, Wisconsin Department of Health Services, and CDC guidelines as well as COVID vaccine transmission rates in the Carroll Community and local Waukesha Community.
If you have received the COVID vaccine, log into the Medicat patient portal https://carrollu.medicatconnect.com/ and upload a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card under the upload tab so that the information can be verified. Please call 262-524-7233 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
COVID-19 Vaccines-What you need to know
- Everyone in Wisconsin ages 12 and older is eligible to be vaccinated.
- The vaccines are safe and effective.
- They are effective at preventing illness, hospitalization, and death.
- They provide protection against the Delta variant.
- If you have already had COVID-19, you should still get vaccinated.
- Data related to vaccine effectiveness in fully vaccinated people
Please visit the CDC webpage for more information about COVID-19 Vaccines