Your First Pioneer Card

Welcome to Carroll University! We're excited to make you your first Pioneer Card!

The first step is submitting a photo of your choice. Registered students will receive an email during the summer months (or Winter Break for new spring semester students) with instructions on how to take your picture and upload it to the Pioneer Card Office. The email will contain a personalized photo submission link just for you. Once your photo has been accepted/denied, we will notify you via your Carroll University email. Fall semester students living on campus will receive their Pioneer Cards on move-in day. First-year commuter, transfer, graduate, and spring semester students may pick up their cards at the Pioneer Card Office located in the Campus Center.

What you need to know when uploading a photo:

Photo Requirements:

  • We're looking for passport-style photos!
  • Stand in front of a white or off-white background (no patterns or textures)
  • Face and shoulders facing forward. Leave space around your head. 
  • Eyes open, look at the camera
  • No hands, objects, or other people within image (religious and cultural head coverings are acceptable)
  • Color image, in focus, without any effects or Photoshopping
  • Good lighting
  • Recent or new photo
  • JPEG, PNG, or GIF

Note: Taking a photo with most smart phones/devices works well.

Example of an acceptable photo:

Identity Verification:

After you upload your photo, you’ll be asked to upload a copy of a government-issued photo ID to verify your identity. See acceptable forms below. You will also need to present this secondary ID when you receive your Pioneer Card. (If you don't have any of these forms of ID, please read the section below for alternatives.)

Proof of Identification

Acceptable forms of identification when uploading your Pioneer Card photo and/or receiving your new card (original documents only): 

  • U.S. Passport
  • U.S. Passport Card
  • Foreign Passport
  • U.S. State or Territory Driver's License
  • US Federal or State Agency ID Card
  • U.S. Military ID Card
  • U.S. Military Dependent’s ID Card
  • U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Marine Card

If you do not have one of the forms of valid government ID mentioned above, you may alternatively present two forms of ID from the following list:

  • High School Yearbook, with picture
  • High School Photo ID
  • Credit Card With Photo
  • Lease Agreement
  • Social Security Card
  • Certified Carroll University Transcript
  • Military Discharge DD214
  • Certified Birth Certificate
  • Certified Marriage License
  • Municipal ID card

Questions? Please contact the Pioneer Card Office or call 262.524.7367. See you on campus!