NEW Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award
Academic Advising at Carroll University is a partnership between each student and their academic advisor, who is a member of Carroll’s faculty and staff. As a result of this dynamic relationship, students will be given direction and assistance as they:
- Take ownership of their educational experience and learn to become a member of the Carroll community by thinking critically about their role and responsibility as a student.
- Achieve their educational, career and personal goals during their time at Carroll University and beyond.
- Prepare to be an educated citizen of our global community by extending their learning beyond Carroll’s campus.
Carroll University recognizes that Faculty Advisors play an integral role in the growth, development and success of each student as they move through their curriculum and onto their next step as a graduate of Carroll University. The Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award recognizes an individual that has been identified as having made an exemplary contribution to academic advising at the undergraduate level at Carroll University.
Eligibility: Any undergraduate Faculty Advisor may be nominated for this award.
Criteria:The Selection Committee will evaluate nominations on the evidence of qualities and practices that distinguish the nominee as an exemplary Faculty Advisor. These qualities and practices may include:
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, including caring and helpful attitude
- Provides valuable support that aids student development
- Understands institutional curriculum, policies and procedures
- Delivers advising in innovative ways
- Participates in and supports advisor professional development programs
Nomination Process: Any member (student, faculty, staff) of the Carroll University community may nominate a faculty advisor for the Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award by completing the nomination form online (utilizing Qualtrics) by the Friday of Registration Week in Spring semester.
Selection Committee: The Selection Committee will be Chaired by the Director of Academic Advising Services and will be comprised of:
- Three undergraduate students (one from each College)
- Three faculty (one from each College) who serve on the Academic Advising Working Group
- At least one designee from Academic Advising Services
The award will be promoted across campus by the Director of Academic Advising Services. Nominations will be due Friday of Registration Week in Spring semester. The Selection Committee will meet to review nominations and select an award winner. The winner will be announced at the Celebrate Success Awards Banquet each Spring.
A cash award of $1,000 will be given to one winner for 2019. Two cash awards of $1,000 each will be given to two winners for 2020 and beyond. Winners names will be placed on a plaque in Academic Advising Services and winners will be interviewed for a Spotlight on Academic Advising for the Carroll University website. The winner(s) each year will be nominated by Carroll University for the NACADA Outstanding Advising Award - Faculty Role. If the faculty is awarded the NACADA Outstanding Advising Award - Faculty Role, Carroll will sponsor the faculty to attend the NACADA Annual Conference to accept the award and participate in the professional development provided.